Tuesday, September 20, 2011

44 Days of Witchery - Day 1 - Whats your witchy background?

My witchy background begins in the 10th grade when I was the ripe old age of 15. Prior to this time I was a devout Christian child, born to and raised by devout Christian parents. I don't recall ever questioning my Christian faith until this time in my life. In fact, I used to be the girl who would take notes in church, research the Bible for pleasure, and get into heated discussions with the preacher.

During my sophmore year in highschool I met a girl who would later become one of my best and most trusted friends. She introduced me to Wicca and Paganism, chakras, and New age beliefs. It took a little while for me to fully adjust, but after a time I realized I wanted to be a Pagan, though what type of Pagan I wasn't sure of. I felt drawn towards Wicca and the wheel of the year, but couldn't stomach the rede or the rule of three.

After a while I decided I was "eclectic" as my friend called it.


I believed in the goddess and the god. After a while I obtained a polytheist belief structure. Cernunnos I considered my patron and Hekate my matron. I also felt inexplicably drawn to the Norse pantheon. I considered myself a green with and a cottage with and felt drawn to folk magic over ceremonial magic. Eventually I was introduced to Voodou and the Lwa spirits by my then and current boyfriend. Ever since I have felt a strong pull also towards them, primarily Papa Legba and
Ayizan.

And that is my witchy beginning.

No comments: