Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Autumn is good for healing

I've been depressed a lot lately, luckily this previous trip was planned close to the holidays and cooler weather. Gone are the days of oppressive heat and back are the days of sweet smelling air, chilly weather, wool and knits, pumpkins, ghosts and goblins. Well..almost. You can definitely smell autumn..or rather Mabon in the air fast approaching. And with that for me comes Halloween, one of my favorite holidays.

I've had this song in my head for days and decided to post it in honor of the coming season.



Whatever the reason, I'm always worse (mentally) in the summer. Its very akin to Summer SAD, which I've come to find out many others have as well. As soon as the weather has dropped, regardless of my ongoing sadness over Nick's departure, I began to feel better as I did last year and the year before that. Its like magic in the weather. And its been this way as long as I can remember. I'm an October baby.

I also find I become much more spiritual in this weather, much to Nick's chagrin. So I'm going to do more digging before school starts October 6th into Asatru and Norse religion and possibly do more research on the Lwa and Orishas. I'm not ashamed to say that I am a (neo) pagan 1st and foremost above other things.

I've also spent a lot of time thinking about what new tattoo I may get after my current one heals and I get the financing in order. No, its not expensive, but I have other things to pay for that come first.

Anyways, I'm thinking about getting this on my left foot to offset the stars.

It spells "family" in Elder Futhark runes..and contains a few of my favorites such as Fehu and Jara. Its not like Kanji, I actually know what it says because I taught myself to read them years ago. But I guess we'll see what decision I ultimately decide to make.


No comments: